You can use the Waze traffic app to help navigate around Richmond on race day. Road closures have been pre-loaded into the app, which should allow you to move about town using the most efficient route possible.
Please note that navigating around race day traffic might put you on toll roads.
GRTC on Race Day
For GRTC impacts, including the Pulse, click here.
Saturday, November 13, 2021
- The intersection of 5th & Tredegar Street will be closed starting at 10 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 13 for Finish Line set up and construction
- 5th Street will be closed from Broad St to Tredegar St starting 4am to 4pm
- Broad Street (both eastbound and westbound) between 5th and 11th Streets will be closed to traffic from 4am to 10am. Westbound traffic will be detoured north onto 11th Street and west on Leigh Street.
- Broad Street (both eastbound and westbound) between 5th Street and N. Arthur Ashe Boulevard will be closed from 6 to 9am. Eastbound traffic will be detoured via a u-turn westbound on Broad Street from 7:30 to 9am.
- Grace Street from Allen Ave. to 6th Street will be closed from 4am to 3pm.
- 3rd Street from Broad Street to Cary Street will be closed from 6am to 3pm.
- Mulberry Street between Broad St. and Monument Ave. will be closed from 6 to 9am for the Allianz Partners 8k.
- Grace Street will be closed between Arthur Ashe Boulevard and Allen Ave. from 6 to 9am for the Allianz Partners 8k.
- Lombardy Street between Brook Rd. and Monument Ave will be closed from 7am to 3pm.
- North Arthur Ashe Boulevard northbound from Broad St. to Hermitage Rd. will be closed from 7 to 10am for the CarMax Richmond Half Marathon.
- Hermitage Road northbound from Arthur Ashe Boulevard to Pope Ave will be closed from 7 to 10am for the CarMax Richmond Half Marathon.
- Brookland Parkway both eastbound and westbound from Hermitage Rd. to Lamont St. will be closed from 7 to 10am for the CarMax Richmond Half Marathon
- Bellevue Avenue from Hermitage Rd to Bryan Park entrance will be closed from 7 to 10am for the CarMax Richmond Half Marathon.
- Monument Avenue westbound between Mulberry and Westmoreland will be closed from 7:30 to 9:30am.
- Westmoreland between Monument Ave and Grove Ave will be closed from 7:30 to 10am.
- Grove Avenue westbound between Commonwealth and Maple will be closed from 7:30 to 10am.
- Maple Avenue from Grove to Cary Street will be closed from 7:30 to 10am
- The Huguenot Bridge will be closed to all traffic from 8 to 11am. Northbound traffic on Huguenot Road will be detoured north from Huguenot Road onto Chippenham Parkway to the Willey Bridge.
- Riverside Dr. will be closed from the Huguenot Bridge to Scottview Drive from 6am to Noon.
- Forest Hill Ave. westbound from Roanoke St. to Hathaway Rd. will be closed from 8 to 11:30am.
- Semmes Ave. Westbound from Cowardin Ave. to Roanoke St. will be closed from 8:30am to Noon
- Belvidere Street northbound at Grace Street will be closed from 7am to 3pm. The recommended detour will be east on Byrd Street to the Downtown Expressway eastbound to I-95 northbound.
- West Main Street, from Belvidere to Arthur Ashe Boulevard will be closed from 9am to 1pm. Westbound traffic Main St will be detoured North on Belvidere, East on Franklin, and South on 1st Street to the Westbound Downtown Expressway.
- Belvidere Street southbound between Broad and Grace Streets will be closed from 7am to 3pm. The recommended detour for southbound Belvidere Street will be onto I-95 southbound just north of Leigh Street
- The southbound exit ramp from the Powhite Parkway to Forest Hill Avenue and the northbound entrance ramp from westbound Forest Hill Avenue onto the Powhite Parkway will be closed to traffic from 8am until approximately 11am.
- There will also be numerous and frequent lane closures along the Marathon, Half Marathon & 8k routes, including closures on: Broad Street, North Arthur Ashe Boulevard, Monument Avenue, Grove Avenue, Maple Avenue, Cary Street Road, River Road, Scottview Drive, Forest Hill Avenue, Semmes Avenue, the Lee Bridge, Belvidere Street, West Main Street, Hermitage Road, Fauqier Avenue, Brook Road. Motorists are advised to use extreme caution when entering these roadways or making turns across the runners’ paths along these roadways.