Sports Backers Marathon Training Team (MTT): COVID-19 Impacts and Procedures
As we navigate our ever-changing world, our mission to inspire you to live an active lifestyle remains. Now, more than ever, the Sports Backers team wants to keep you moving, but only in a way that keeps our participants, coaches, volunteers, staff, and communities safe and healthy. Our team has been working hard to revise our training plans to meet the current social distancing requirements so that we can get back to celebrating your active lifestyles through Marathon Training Team in the safest way possible.
With individual’s safety and transmission mitigation in mind, we have new training modifications and procedures that will allow us to safely operate MTT. These policies and procedures are based on current recommendations for COVID-19 safety protocols and are subject to change at any time. The following does take into account vaccination status. You are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your second dose following a 2-dose vaccine or 2 weeks following a single-dose vaccine.
What Sports Backers Marathon Training Team Coaches/Staff will be doing:
- All coaches, staff, and volunteers who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a mask pre and post runs, including while at the stadium, parking lot, bathroom, team meeting areas, SAG stops and any other surrounding areas.
- No onsite registration, all registration must be done prior to arriving for training.
- Cleaning and sanitizing high-traffic areas at regular intervals including, but not limited to, door handles, hydration areas, bathrooms, and team meeting areas.
- Reducing communal surfaces that encourage group or repeat usage.
- Hand sanitizer available for usage
MTT Covid-19 Safety & Procedures:
- Participants who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a mask at all times pre and post runs, including while at the stadium, parking lot, bathroom, team meeting areas and any other surrounding areas.
- Participants are encouraged but not required to wear a mask while running and at SAGs.
- Team announcements will be kept to a minimum prior to the Saturday/Sunday run. Most announcements and updates will be made via email.
- All participants should remain in their cars away from team meeting areas until 15 minutes before your teams first assigned start time.
- When arriving for your teams first assigned start time, you must keep 6ft of social/physical distance between you and another person.
- We will start a limited number of participants on the route at one time, while also sending small groups of participants in different directions.
- While passing someone, please allow 6ft between you and the other person. If 6ft is not available to you, please wait until you can pass safely.
- When at a SAG do not congregate and limit touching. Please consider putting on a mask.
- Once back at the stadium, you must leave immediately after checking out with your team.
- We will limit the number of people in a restroom at the stadium.
MTT Event Changes:
- Each team will be assigned a specific start time and start times will be staggered to ensure that there are no mass groups entering the route.
- Anywhere that lines could form, we will have distance markers to denote where participants should stand.
It is recommended that those who are high-risk persons not participate in In-Person Marathon Training. This includes but is not limited to:
Our policies and procedures will continue to be updated as we learn more about COVID-19 and how to keep our participants, volunteers, staff, and communities safe and healthy. These procedures are subject to change at any time and we appreciate your flexibility as we enter a new phase of social distancing races.