COVID-19 Exposure Protocol and Policies
In an effort to keep our participants, volunteers, and staff safe, we have established the following guidelines. These are applicable to all Sports Backers programs, training teams, and event participation (“Sports Backers sponsored activity”). The following guidelines meet, and sometimes exceed, the minimum recommendations as outlined by the Virginia Department of Health.
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear a mask while working or leading a Sports Backers sponsored activity.
- All participants will be required to wear a mask when attending and within the venue of a Sports Backers sponsored activity unless the participant is exercising.
- All participants must sign a waiver agreeing to the following:
- I agree that I will neither attend nor participate in any class, training team or event if I, within 14 days prior to the Sports Backers sponsored activity: (i) have a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19; (ii) shown any symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough, or shortness of breath; or (iii) have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 (or any known symptoms thereof).
- I agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)’s recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases, and I attest to having read the CDC’s guidance at: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
- I agree to abide by any stay-at-home orders or other guidelines set forth by my local government officials and that is our responsibility to comply with all laws and other requirements imposed by federal, state, and local authorities.
Participant/Volunteer Exposure Disclosure Policy
- Sports Backers will require and communicate the following policy as a part of all programs, training teams and events:
- If a participant is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 7 days of participating in a Sports Backers sponsored activity, that participant will be required to report the diagnosis to Megan Schultz, Sports Backers Chief Operating Officer ([email protected]).
- Sports Backers staff will work closely with the participant with a positive case to identify any close contacts (less than 6 feet for greater than 15 minutes) that the participant had while at the Sports Backers sponsored activity. Sports Backers will then follow the notification procedure outlined below and will encourage the participant to also pass along known close contacts to the Virginia Department of Health.
Sports Backers Notification Procedure
- If a participant, volunteer, or staff is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 7 days of participating in a Sports Backers event, class, or training team and suspects that they came into close contact (less than 6 feet) with any other participants, volunteers or staff for more than 15 minutes, all other participants, volunteers, and staff must be notified within 3 days.
- The notification will be in writing and include the following information: date of the possible exposure, plan for the continuation of the event/team/class, contact information of a Sports Backers staff member, and the following statement: “If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms listed below, please contact your health care provider.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Safe Return Policy
- A participant may safely return to a Sports Backers sponsored activity when the participant:
- has 72 hours (3 full days) with no fever and
- Respiratory symptoms have improved (e.g. cough, shortness of breath) and
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- One negative COVID-19 test