COVID-19 Exposure Protocol and Policies
In an effort to keep our participants, volunteers, and staff safe, we have established the following guidelines. These are applicable to all Sports Backers programs, training teams, and event participation (“Sports Backers sponsored activity”). The following guidelines meet, and sometimes exceed, the minimum recommendations as outlined by the Virginia Department of Health.
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear a mask while working or leading a Sports Backers sponsored activity, unless they are actively exercising.
- All Sports Backers staff will be required to make a self-assessment as well as check their temperatures prior to arriving on-site at an event, not coming on-site if the staff member’s temperature is 100.4 or higher.
- All volunteers will be asked to self-assess prior to arriving at a Sports Backers sponsored activity or will be screened upon arrival.
- All participants will be required to wear a mask when attending and within the venue of a Sports Backers sponsored activity unless the participant is exercising, drinking water or eating.
- All participants and volunteers must sign a waiver agreeing to at least the following:
- I agree that I will neither attend nor participate in any class, training team or event if I, within 14 days prior to the Sports Backers sponsored activity: (i) have a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19; (ii) shown any symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough, or shortness of breath; or (iii) have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 (or any known symptoms thereof).
- I agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)’s recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases, and I attest to having read the CDC’s guidance at: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
- I agree to abide by any stay-at-home orders or other guidelines set forth by my local government officials and that is our responsibility to comply with all laws and other requirements imposed by federal, state, and local authorities.
Participant/Volunteer Exposure Disclosure Policy
- Sports Backers will require and communicate the following policy as a part of all programs, training teams and events:
- If a participant is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 7 days of participating in a Sports Backers sponsored activity, that participant will be required to report the diagnosis to Megan Schultz, Sports Backers Chief Operating Officer, at [email protected].
- Sports Backers staff will work closely with the participant with a positive case to identify any close contacts (less than 6 feet apart for greater than 15 minutes) that the participant had while at the Sports Backers sponsored activity. Sports Backers will then follow the notification procedure outlined below and will encourage the participant to also pass along known close contacts to the Virginia Department of Health.
Sports Backers Notification Procedure
- If a participant, volunteer, or staff is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 7 days of participating in a Sports Backers sponsored activity and suspects that they came into close contact (less than 6 feet) with any other participants, volunteers or staff for more than 15 minutes, the appropriate participants, volunteers, and staff must be notified within 3 days.
- The notification will be in writing and include the following information: date of the possible exposure, plan for the continuation of the event/team/class, contact information of a Sports Backers staff member, and the following statement: “If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms listed below, please contact your health care provider.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If a participant, volunteer or staff member is identified as a close contact of someone that has a confirmed case of COVID-19, the close contact will receive a call from Sports Backers staff making them aware of the potential exposure and they will be asked to not attend any Sports Backers sponsored activity for 14 days from the potential exposure.
Safe Return Policy
- A participant may safely return to a Sports Backers sponsored activity when all of the following criteria has been met:
- Participant has had no fever for at least 72 hours (3 full days) and
- Participant’s respiratory symptoms have improved (e.g. cough, shortness of breath) and
- 10 days have passed since the participant’s first symptoms appeared and
- Participant receives one negative COVID-19 test