October 27, 2018 - Byrd Park
Calling all pirates, princesses, goblins, superheroes, and ghosts—we’ve got a fun run that’s less trick and all treat!
Join us for a boo-tiful day in Byrd Park at the Whole Foods Market Marathon Jr. We’ve got a haunted half mile option and a 1-mile course! This event is sure to put the hustle in your Halloween… mummies (and daddies) are welcome! Come out and celebrate the season with us. We guarantee it’ll be a screamin’ good time!
The Whole Foods Market Marathon Jr. is part of the Anthem Richmond Marathon – just happening three weeks earlier!
|Through September 30
||$15 for all distances
|October 1 - October 26
||$20 for all distances
|Late registration - October 27
||$30 for all distances
Want to register offline? Our mail in paper form can be downloaded here.
During the registration process, participants will choose either the .5-mile and 1-mile options based on their ages and abilities.
- 0.5 mile: 7 & under
- 1-mile: 12 & under
- Participant T-shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Post-race food
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year. All participants must be at least 4 years old on event day.
Walk up registration Saturday, October 27 beginning at 10 a.m.
Saturday, October 27
||Festival Starts - featuring games, music, your favorite Richmond mascots and so much more!
|10 a.m. - Noon
||Costume Contest check-in at the Sports Backers registration tent
|10 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
||Packet pick-up and walk up registration
||DJ starts jammin'
||Jonathan the Juggler
||Warm-up brought to you by Fitness Warriors
||.5 mile event starts
||1 mile event starts
||Costume Contest Winners will be listed on a sign at the Check In Tent. Be sure to check in and see if you won!
Packet pick-up will take place on Saturday, October 27 beginning at 10 a.m. and will be located under a tent at Byrd Park adjacent to the south side of Fountain Lake. Click HERE to see the approximate location of packet pick-up. Remember all participants must come to packet pick-up in order to receive your bib number and be allowed to participate. Come early and enjoy the event festival, which will feature all kinds of games and activities for the entire family!
There is some parking available at the Carillon located near the Animal Farm entrance to Maymont Park. And, there is on-street parking available in surrounding neighborhoods.
- 0.5-mile course: Participants will start in Byrd Park on the west side of Fountain Lake and head northeast completing a full lap around Fountain Lake. This distance will NOT be chip timed.
- 1-mile course: Participants will start in Byrd Park on the west side of Fountain Lake and head northeast around Fountain Lake. Make a left on Lakeview Avenue followed by a right on Addison Street. Take a quick right on Swan Lake Drive and then a right onto Westover Road. Participants then take a final left back on to Lakeview Avenue finishing adjacent to Fountain Lake.
Rules & Helpful hints
- Parents may run with kids aged 8 and under. No bicycles, baby joggers/strollers or pets are allowed on the course.
- As the kids enter the finish chute they will receive a medal and will be directed to the Kids Run Meeting Area.
- Family and friends MUST meet runners in the Kids Run Meeting Area, which will be located adjacent to the south of Fountain Lake. There will be a designated entrance and two designated exits to this area. In order to alleviate congestion in the meeting area and exits, we ask that only one adult enter the meeting area to reunite with a child/children. No child will be able to leave the meeting area without an accompanying adult.
- Please remember that the Kids Run Meeting Area is just a meeting area and not a holding area. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to meet your child at the meeting area after the race. Once reunited with your child, please proceed to one of the designated exits and then onto the Post-Race Food Tent.
- No animals are allowed in the Kids Run Meeting Area.
- The volunteer check-in tent, which is the same location as packet pick-up, just west of the Kids Meeting Area, has been designated as the meeting site for people who are lost. If you and your child get separated, please report to the volunteer check-in tent.
It's Halloween, y'all! Dress up and run!
Best Costume Contest– Put your child in their Halloween suit and they could win a prize for being cute! Bragging rights aren’t the only reward, we’ll have plenty of goodies on hand for the winner and honorable mentions. You could be our Hallo-winner!
Give your Halloween costume a test "run," and wear it during the Whole Foods Market Marathon Jr. We'll be passing out prizes to the most "BOO-tiful" costumes!
Train With Us
We want to help you get to the finish line of the Whole Foods Market Marathon Jr. Follow our training guide and log your progress to make sure you are properly prepared for this event.
Kids Run RVA is an initiative of Sports Backers, the nationally recognized non-profit organizer of the Anthem Richmond Marathon, that motivates thousands of young people across our region to run and be active on a regular basis. Sports Backers is committed to improving the health of our children by encouraging routine physical activity, which is critical to their long-term growth and well-being.
Kids Run RVA provides free training opportunities for youth of all ages, abilities and backgrounds as well as funding to support school-based run clubs and events. For schools with fewer resources, Kids Run RVA grants may also cover shoes, transportation and event entry fees.
Donations are critical to the program’s success. Each time a child laces up his or her shoes, you will be giving them the most important gift of all-a path to good health and fitness!
Visit Kids Run RVA to learn more about our programs, which include a free training guide for the Whole Foods Market Marathon Jr., and consider donating to help us expand our reach.
All finishers will receive a finisher medal.